Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation at which time your surgeon will explain your diagnosis and treatment options. A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing I.V. anesthesia for surgery. Occasionally, surgery can be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
IMPORTANT: Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied to all appointments by a parent or guardian.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and/or instructions from your dentist or doctor
- X-rays from your dentist or doctor
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- Medical Insurance Card(s)
- Dental Insurance Card(s) and/or forms
- Insurance Referral, if required by your insurance plan