Latest Information Regarding COVID-19
Update [7/10/2020]: Patients who develop symptoms or who test positive within 14 days of their appointment, need to let us know within 2 days of receiving their symptoms/positive test.
As of May 11th, all seven (7) of our locations will be open and operating at normal hours for both elective and emergent surgery. Please know that your health and safety is our top priority at Virginia Oral & Facial Surgery. As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation evolves, we want to assure you that we are taking significant precautionary measures and adhering to recommendations from the CDC, VDH and VDA, as well as continuing to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and sterilization. As a result, this may cause your visit to transpire in a way that you haven’t experienced in the past. Your patience is appreciated as we take the necessary steps to ensure everyone’s safety. Please see below:
Visiting the office
- Our staff will contact you to collect insurance and registration information via phone or email, prior to your appointment.
- Each patient will be asked to remain in their vehicle until it’s time to see the surgeon.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at the door.
- Each patient must sanitize their hands upon entry to our offices.
- When necessary*, only one (1) pre-screened and masked visitor is allowed to accompany a patient at a time in our offices.
*minors and people requiring assistance
- We are also requiring every patient/visitor wear a mask while in our offices. A mask will be provided upon arrival if you do not have one of your own.
- All additional family members and guests are encouraged to remain in their vehicles until the patient is discharged.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
Note: If any of our team members experience any flu-like symptoms, or any sickness in general, they will be required to stay home. As part of our efforts to limit exposure and keep our team and patients safe, we ask that anyone who is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, specifically fever, cough, chills, or who has traveled outside the country or state within the last 14 days to please contact our office to postpone any upcoming appointments.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps