Meet Dr. Wheeler
ORAL & MAXILLOFACIAL SURGEON Mechanicsville & MIDLOTHIAN
Bryan P. Wheeler, D.M.D., was born and raised in Fairfax, VA. He received a Bachelor’s degree with distinction from the University of Virginia in 2007 where he majored in Human Biology. Following his time at UVA, he earned his DMD degree and graduated with dual honors in Research and Medically-Complex Care at the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 2014. From here he completed his Internship and Residency at Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center in June 2018.
Dr. Wheeler’s passion for OMS began while working as a surgical assistant for another oral surgery practice in Northern Virginia. He realized how much he enjoyed getting to help patients look and feel their best that he decided to get into this fulfilling field. While he enjoys all aspects of oral & maxillofacial surgery, he is most interested in dentoalveolar, dental implants, facial reconstruction and pathology.
Dr. Wheeler keeps busy in and out of the office. He, his wife/fellow Dentist, Jennie and their dog Paisley, currently live in The Fan and don’t plan to leave anytime soon. They love all the restaurants and museums RVA has to offer.
Outside of work, Dr. Wheeler enjoys spending time with family, skiing, hiking, water-sports, golf, soccer and competing in triathlons. This VA native is also a lifelong Washington DC sports fan – GO CAPS!
Dr. Wheeler is eager to start his career as the next premier OMS surgeon to serve the Richmond dental community.
Dr. Wheeler has been named “Top Doctor” in Virginia Living Magazine!
- Undergrad: University of Virginia, 2007
- DMD: University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2014
- Internship: Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, 2014-2015
- OMS Residency: VCU Medical Center, 2015-2018
- Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Virginia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- ACLS/PALS Certified